"This book is dedicated to the heroes, the driven, the wonderers, the rebels, to those who answer a calling—to those who wear their hearts on their sleeves and 146 on their hearts. You remind us that becoming more human is the journey to greatness for any brand. Because ultimately, the best brands, the brands we love most, are the ones that never let us forget how it feels to be good people." from Wiley's site: http://wiley-vch.e-bookshelf.de
The Passion Conversation: Understanding, Sparking, and Sustaining Word of Mouth Marketing
By ROBBIN PHILLIPS, GREG CORDELL, GENO CHURCH, and JOHN MOORE work together at the word of mouth marketing and identity company Brains on Fire.
|Table of Contents: I. Understanding Word of Mouth Marketing; II. Sparking Word of Mouth Marketing; III. Heroes: A Love Story; IV. The Fitness Rebellion: A Love Story; V. The Driven Class: A Love Story; VI. Wonderopolis: A Love Story; VII. Sustaining Word of Mouth Marketing.|
About the book: No passion, no conversation. No conversation, no word of mouth. No word of mouth, no successful business.
If you think you are in the marketing business, think again. You’re in the people business, and The Passion Conversation teaches you how to get people to fall passionately and madly in love with your organization or cause.
The author’s mash-up of the latest in wonky academic research with practical, real-world stories shows how any business can spark and sustain word of mouth marketing. Readers learn how loving your customers results in not just building a thriving community, but also driving meaningful conversations, ultimately impacting the financial success of a business.
The Passion Conversation will change your perspective on marketing by:
The time is now for marketers and businesses to go beyond the product conversation to understanding, sparking and sustaining the passion conversation for why your business is in business.
- Explaining the three motivations for people to talk about businesses and causes
- Detailing how every marketing problem is a people problem in disguise
- Giving heartfelt evidence that marketing materials are now conversation tools
- Showing how customer communities sustain word of mouth while also sparking financial impact
- Helping your business apply these marketing lessons through a series of workbook exercises called "Passion Explorations"
Extract: PROVIDE MORE. PROMOTE LESS.
"The brands that are nurturing meaningful relationships with customers online aren’t interrupting them with promotional messages on Twitter or Facebook. Instead, brands like Whole Foods and Starbucks are using Twitter and Facebook to provide customers with more information about products/services. 90% of tweets from Starbucks and Whole Foods are “@” someone, responding directly to someone’s comment. Starbucks and Whole Foods Facebook pages aren’t littered with promotional status updates. Instead, these brands are taking a moment to make a moment with customers by providing them specific information. This isn’t the sexiest way to use social media but it’s been very effective for Starbucks and Whole Foods to develop evangelical customers." (p. 31) [also quoted at Robbin Phillips' http://www.brainsonfire.com]
- Working Out Sucks! (And Why It Doesn't Have To): The Only 21-Day Kick-Start Plan for Total Health and Fitness You'll Ever Need Chuck Runyon
- Firms of Endearment: How World-Class Companies Profit from Passion and Purpose Rajendra S. Sisodia
- Brains on Fire: Igniting Powerful, Sustainable, Word of Mouth Movements Robbin Phillips
Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
On the same shelf:
- The action and passion of our times (Volunteer leadership series) Caroline Moore Charles
- The Passion of Stanley.(Outtakes: an inside look into Arkansas media): An article from: Arkansas Business Carl D. Holcombe
- The passion of Jesus;: A course of lectures preached in substance at the church of S. Ethelburga...after the litany service for business men on the Friday mornings during the season of Lent, 1861 William Baird
Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose