Knowledge Sharing is...Joseph Addison said: "When knowledge, instead of being bound up in books, and kept in libraries and retirements, is thus obtruded upon the publick; when it is canvassed in every assembly, and exposed upon every table, I cannot forbear reflecting upon that passage in the proverbs, 'Wisdom crieth without, she uttereth her voice in the streets.'" More quotes from the blog: Library & Information Science Quotations.
Then, here is the wisdom, share it, and be empowered:
Extract:Continue reading the complete list posted on the blog by Judith A. Siess:
Helen Tannenbaum, editor of Flying Solo, the newsletter of the SOLO Librarians Division of the Special Libraries Association, compiled this top ten list from posts on the dsol-sla electronic discussion list. I think it's great for any librarian!
10. Never lose your enthusiasm over purchasing a book truck.
9. Keep track of the things you do, the questions you are asked, etc.
8. Promote yourself and your services--don't be afraid to blow your own horn.
7. Don't be shy about asking the Solos list a question--that's why we're here.
6. Make nice with the following staff: IT people, office management, supplies purchaser, HR, your boss's assistant, mailroom and receptionist (i.e., Everyone).