"The wise learn from their own experiences but the truly intelligent will learn from someone else's!" - Benjamin Franklin.
Akbani Informatics: A full-service consultancy for training, and information management. For Information services, Research, Content management, Training, Human Resources, Helpful Advice & Related Services
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Six Lessons for Investors
Be diversified and don't assume past performance will continue.
By JOHN C. BOGLE
"There is almost no limit to the ability of investors to ignore the lessons of the past. This cost them dearly last year. Here are six of the most important of these lessons:
1) Beware of market forecasts, even by experts
2) Never underrate the importance of asset allocation.3) Mutual funds with superior performance records often falter.
4) Owning the market remains the strategy of choice.
5) Look before you leap into alternative asset classes.
6) Beware of financial innovation." continue reading
See on the same shelf: